Monday, January 16, 2012

Dina and Dan Wrote This Poem On Cocaine


It involves a lot of shouting
For it seems we have long worshipped the rounded bottoms of children

Not at the expense of the day ahead of us
It involves youngsters and very intense personal opinions

The war, also. It involves
Images of pumping fists

It seems long we have had our fists pumping

Or would get so worked up there was little we could do to calm ourselves
Then it involves clenching




But not without thinking

This might look handsome in your neck your jaw muscles
Thinking there is a way out is not uncommon

But it is foolish, always being the most foolish among us. We must
When there is little for them to eat, find them little to eat

Or they will take it all.
Via drugs, yes I work now

Via drugs, a little like I used to
Except that I don't know how to work anymore

Or birds!
They came from everywhere and digested everything

When I was a child
No one mentioned the attacks against the nice stories

What I'd like now is to not like anything
Or in my opinion, we did not happen in Nature, say my goodbyes

No comments:

Post a Comment