Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dina and Dan Parlay

When the eunuchs cast Jezebel out
what happened to the eggs inside
her? Perish, perish, tell me
of the toe-headed face under ice,
the curls curls
brown eyes, brown eyes, how
are you so brown

Inside the cast, such line is pronounced,
can you figure a hero's stance,
how you puff a chest, pronounce again,
how your chest is wide and masculine.

When the eunuchs lay their heads
on your chest, you weep.

I live inside this because I cannot live
any other way, unpack these eggs
this travel, and then, this deep road,
my mouth full of dust through
exaltation.

We are dead, our eggs in shell
black, cast, black, cast, our eggs
immeasurable historicity,
our cast out of curls on the street,
Jezebel, how can you walk
when you can't even speak?

Baby, I can leave you here
and never look back. I can leave,
fall, the way we are masculine
the way you were never my hero,
even on your best day.



No comments:

Post a Comment