Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dina and Dan Consider the Selfish Gene As In Amazement


Birds take off from behind buildings.
I walk into the store and buy razors
I pay with a debit card.
Thank you.
Thank you so much.
Thank you for being lovely
Thank you for putting what I wanted into a plastic bag
For giving it to me
I felt much too
The pressure this morning was putting your hand out
The cuckoo begins to speak in a Russian man's voice
I know your time is valuable.
I leave without saying anything.
It is time to put on your jacket
The afternoon is quickly turning into winter.
The grocery boy autopsies the broccoli.
It has been for a long time now a feeling of bending
The cashier has one hundred tongues
Thank you so much for your one hundred tongues
Tomorrow is the day I was going to go laughing
Black sedans drive through the darkening street
The waves are lapping up children, cleaning them like kittens
The woods in Manhattan are burning right now.
Thank you, please do not go to hell.
The birds are gleaming
Tomorrow true birds flow from us
Like water, in courteous fountains
The razors cut a hole in my pocket
This is their silent escape
I chase after everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment