Monday, July 2, 2012

Dina and Dan: I Dont Care Mom and Dad Rock N Roll Makes Me Feel Like I Am Always About To Cry


Then in the tiniest passes
It’s first behind the sky, in the wind
Because that’s the plan they came up with
It’s the weather they have
And I moved along the roof
The air smelled like evening
Maybe a feeling like that
Imposing itself, my time overseas
Dripping through boughs
Long ago setting out,
Only to come by desire
The considerable façades of friends and evenings
Without knowing for what
But still elbowing for a spot to talk
And look, the hemline of Jillian’s shirt
Saddened the way you looked so desperately
At the young kids standing around
Wearing clothes
You no longer fit into, the same
Breasts on Sunday morning,
And in the vapid haze of middle age
The little sky hung watery
Shot through with steeples
I used to write poetry about moonlight
I braced myself but that was all I could do
Before I lost my balance, I went out
Headfirst, or sideways, the sound
Fell away as I fell and the sky flashed
In abstraction, I saw things
It’s always these and feeling so
I let go, I mean I really laid myself
Out, but did not mean to
Though I had long desired  
Its elegance, tumbled over the drain
Pipe into bushes along the garage.
You came running out, yelling, you fell
I told you, you were going to fall 

No comments:

Post a Comment