Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dina and Dan and Ol' and Nu Ma

In a way, its like, what am I doing with my life, and in a way, its like, I'm already doing what I set out to do, in a way, its like, I'm practicing for the future without even realizing I had a future to begin with, do you know what I mean when I say that the future is not real for me anymore, do you know what I mean when I say that, Nu Ma said to Ol' Ma.

Ol' Ma shakes her head, the world of possibilities are endless. They are jumping on a trampoline the size of a sweet potato and pushing each other off, playing war, as they call it, we are going to war.

Ol' Ma is teaching Nu Ma how to survive in this world. They are tired and their calves hurt and all they want to do sit so they do, in the shade of the large log cabin. The log cabin has stenciled flowers on the kitchen floor, violet and maize, what does that mean, to call something corn when it ain't, Ol' Ma says.

Ol' Ma says down the road there are these twins that are stuck together, they are stuck together, don'tcha know, they are stuck together, fused.

What you mean, says Nu Ma, no babies can be born that way.

Ol' Ma says, yes they can, and when they are, we throw 'em away, we gotta tradition round these parts, you just throw 'em completely away if they are bad like that, you know, you can't keep the bad ones away, you just gotta get rid of 'em. I got three mine shafts in my property for just that, disposin of those monster babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment